Wednesday, May 29, 2013

TMNT Repaint: Hothead

Hothead was released in 1992 and was part of the original TMNT toy line. This was the last great year for these action figures in my opinion. Newer Turtle figures continue to be produced, but I don't think they'll ever be as cool as the original line, at least when it comes to the sculpts of the villains.  Sadly, by the time Hothead came out I had already sold my Turtle figure collection to my little brother. I found his Hothead at my mom's house last summer and took him home. I tracked down all the missing accessories on eBay and ordered myself an extra figure to paint up.  









I do like the original colors on this fella, but so many of the sculptor's details were ignored, so it was time to give him a new look. I hope I did him justice. I did my best to bring out more of his spots and I made sure to  give his human arm and leg a flesh tone; those limbs getting left red was one of the things that always bothered me about this figure's paint job. Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment