Saturday, May 12, 2012

Robot Monster

I watched Robot Monster (1953) again the other night...Wow...This movie graces its audience with absurd situations, silly dialogue, and one of the most ridiculous aliens in the history of cinema; but Elmer Bernstein's score is creepy cool and Claudia Barrett makes me sin. Not only that, but it's easily one of the most entertaining ways to spend an evening with friends and drinks.  Check it out! It has so much to offer: Giant beasts, horny alien, ugly children, and encouragement that you too can someday make a movie as quickly and cheaply as these film makers did and still find an audience.

Directed by Phil Tucker and only 63 minutes long, it won't take up too much of your time, and copies are cheap and easy to find.  Pick up the Image Entertainment release for a good transfer and theatrical trailer.

I've paid homage to this gem by creating my own Ro-Man from polymer clay.  I used dead plants and caulking for the landscape and a small apparatus I found in my Grandpa's shop for the space helmet.  Check it out.



SOLD

4 comments:

  1. I like the face in that Robot Monster! That's it Joe, we're going to write a remake with that design in mind haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, let's do it! I love the poster for the film, which also reveals the monster's face to be a skull. I was disappointed the first time I saw the movie and there was no skull. What?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we also have to keep your robo-nipple tassels haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, yeah, thought it added to the ludicrousness.

    ReplyDelete