Friday, August 17, 2012

October Toys: OMFG Figures

So here are the OMFG figures I mentioned in my last post.  They are the Outlandish Mini Figure Guys!  Now, I've always had a soft spot for  M.U.S.C.L.E. and Monster in My Pocket figures, but since newer toy companies like Jakks Pacific (S.L.U.G. Zombies) and October Toys have released their own homages to these little rubber guys from the 80s, I've been reliving my childhood and honestly finding a bit more pleasure in collecting them, especially these OMFG guys.


 They are amazing!  They're every bit as crazy as M.U.S.C.L.E. if not more, and they come in that standard flesh tone as well as a myriad of other colors.  Unfortunately, I wasn't familiar with Kickstarter.com when series 1 was introduced, but I've since found a pack of flesh tone, a poster, and the exclusive Kickstarter black set all from Ebay.  Of course I couldn't resist painting my black set.  They were already primed and ready to go.


 I've painted Stroll to resemble another favorite toy of mine from the 80s: My Pet Monster.
The best part about these guys is the detail.  The creators and sculptors have such wonderful imaginations, and the amount of talent and skill they have to be able to sculpt such miniatures blows my mind.  I love painting them, but I hope to one day learn how to sculpt my own.  I can't wait to receive series 2.  They should be out soon from http://octobertoys.com.  I feel like a seven year old boy on his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment