Wednesday, October 2, 2013


This is Mumpkin. I sculpted him a week ago and realized I had not enough silicone mix to make a mold. So I dished out another $80 and ordered another bucket of the shit. This guy was supposed to be my new project available this Halloween with some 2D artwork, but now I plan to put him on the shelf. Maybe I'll attempt to mold him next year.

But before I do that I'll have to fix him. I'll need to get out the polymer clay and touch up some spots as well as glue his head back on. As I write this post I am fuming. I am disappointed and so angry, but I have no one to blame but myself.

First of all, this figure required a two part mold and I tried to make it a one part. Secondly, I didn't mix enough silicone and was in a hurry so I eyeballed more mixture, that as you can see, did not cure over night. So I had an uncured mold with a figure trapped inside. Stupid...just stupid.

Expensive silicone wasted. Time wasted. I feel like I neglected my boys so I could get this guy finished in time to sell at the beginning of October and now I have nothing to show for it. I'm a bit too dispirited to try again so I'm just going to take a break and reflect. 

So upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment