Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lewis was an Odd Boy

Harley Poe will soon be releasing some b-sides on cassette tape through a Canadian record label called You Look Like Shit Records. While going through some old recordings to put on the cassette, Gregg found this song I had laid down two or three years ago and had forgotten about. I still have the artwork that the song is based on, so before Gregg spices it up with bass and keys, I've went ahead and made another video like the Herschell one I did last winter. This one is a little weirder and was recorded in one take, so please take it easy on the criticisms. Thanks and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Joe, this song is awesome! Freaking rad, man. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justin! Lewis will be released on a limited edition cassette tape later this year, along with some other Harley Poe b-sides, through French Canadian label You Look Like Shit Records. We've since added full band arrangements to the song. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song is awesome, and releasing a tape is exciting. I have as many b-sides as I can horde of course. Also excited that the volvo I now own has a cd player right next to the tape deck. I can blast even more harley poe around the bay area now. That's how everyone in Oakland knows how gangsta I am.

    ReplyDelete