Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Repaints: NAPOLEON BONAFROG & Flyboy and LEATHERHEAD

So I've become a bit obsessed with repainting my old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures from my childhood.  I've even gone so far as to track down missing accessories and a few figures I didn't even own when I was a kid.  I've discovered the studio and artist responsible for the sculpts and have stalked him via email, but I suspect he refuses to entertain such weirdos as myself, for he hasn't written back and probably won't.  I've even recently acquired the Toxic Crusaders line of figures also released by Playmates around the same time the TMNT toys were being made, and I'm willing to bet they were sculpted by the same artist. It's safe to say I'll be repainting them after I'm finished with the Turtles line.

Here are the final two figures I'll be repainting for awhile.  The Holidays are on the way and I'll have less free time in the months ahead to waste on painting vintage toys.  So I leave you with the mutant alligator Leatherhead and my first two custom painted good guys Napoleon Bonafrog & Flyboy.  As I've already mentioned in a post or two ago, I plan to do at least ten more of these guys before I start on the Toxie guys.  Until then, it's time for a break.  The wife should be happy; her nerdy husband is putting away his toys... Well, some of them.

Napoleon Bonafrog & Flyboy


Leatherhead


5 comments:

  1. Amazing post which provide really knowledge and many important terms which are very useful to get traffic……… burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I just came across some of my old M.U.S.C.L.E. people and thought they might look a little neater if they were painted. After I painted those, I rediscovered my TMNT figure Muckman and decided to try repainting him as well. His sculpt is full of amazing detail that the manufacturer's paint job fails to capture. After I painted him I became obsessed and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Many other fan boys online are painting up their old figures as well, and some of the custom figures out there are amazing.

      Delete